On Wednesday, the City Hall of Katowice opened bids in the public tender for finishing works on the International Convention Center (ICC). There are five tenderers taking part in the contract award procedure.
The former contract with Polimex-Mostostal was withdrawn by the City Hall in September last year due to, among others, delay of the construction work.
The second tenter procedure was issued in December 2012. The City Hall estimated that the cost of the construction work can not exceed PLN 280 million excluding VAT. The five tenderers proposed following prices:
- NDI (leader), Balzola (partner), WHD (partner), offered price: net PLN 202,7 million, gross PLN 249,4 million
- Budimex, offered price: net PLN 242,7 million, gross PLN 298,5 million
- Hochtief (leader), Elektrobudowa (partner), offered price: net PLN 212,8 million, gross PLN 261,8 million
- Warbud (leader), Merkury Engineering (partner), offered price: net PLN 227,8 million, gross PLN 280,2 million
- Strabag (leader), Helit + Werner Budowlana, offered price: net PLN 260,1 million, gross PLN 320 million
“To choose the most advantageous offer, the tender committee has to check all the five bids according to terms of reference. Only then the City Hall can select a consortium that meets the requirements and has offered the lowest price” – explained Jakub Jarząbek, press spokesman of the Katowice City Hall.
A chosen prime contractor will have 16 months to deliver the 37 900 sq. meters building as of the date the contract is signed. According to the preliminary schedule, the construction work will be re-launched in the second quarter of 2013 and to be completed in the third quarter of 2014. International Convention Center is one of the most important undertakings for Katowice.