The City Hall of Katowice issued today a limited invitation to tender for the execution of construction work on the National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra’s new seat (NPRSO). The tender will be conducted in two stages. To file bids in the first stage, interested companies have time until 30th of May 2011.
In the first stage, companies’ experience, financial and technical capabilities are going to be evaluated. Afterwards, up to six companies or consortiums with the highest marks will be invited to the second stage to file detailed bids. The lowest price will be decisive. The same two-stage procedure was implemented to appoint the Silesian Museum’s prime contractor.
The building will be located along Roździeńskiego Av. in the area of the former “Katowice” coal mine. The architectural project was prepared by Konior Studio.
- The new NPRSO’s seat in numbers:
– footprint: 7 874,80 sq. m
– total investment’s area: 43 255,70 sq. m
– total building’s area: 35 059,50 sq. m
– size of the building: 115,0 x 61,60 m
– cubic content: 181 610 cu. m
– height of the main part (“the ring”): 19,35 m
– height of the concert hall: 28,05 m
– number of seats in the concert hall: 1 672
– number of ground/underground storeys: 4/1
– number of underground parking places: 112
A total cost of the investment is estimated at PLN 265 million. PLN 122 million of the total amount will be financed by the European Regional Development Fund within the framework of the Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme.