The Second European Economic Congress 2010 in Katowice starts on Monday, 31st of May. During the three days of 60 sessions, more than 4 000 people of those who are most important for the European economy will participate in the event. Moreover, about 300 journalists and media representatives from Poland and other countries, 100 bodyguards will accompany the participants. The sessions will be held in eight localizations across the City. According to the organizer, PTWP Group SA, almost all of hotel rooms in Katowice are already reserved.
In preparation for the Second Congress, the organizers have benefited from the experience and from the output of the first edition, in order to create an agenda that will meet the participants’ needs and expectations. The first edition of the Congress was received extremely well. The participants this year are going to be even more numerous and prestigious.
- List of guests of the opening day:
– Bronisław Komorowski, President of the Seym, acting President of Poland
– Lech Wałęsa, President of Poland (1990-95)
– Jerzy Buzek, President of the European Parliament, Honorary President of the Patronage Council to the EEC 2010 Organizing Committee
– Waldemar Pawlak, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy
– Michał Boni, Minister, Member of the Council of Ministers, Head of the Team of Strategic Advisers to the Prime
– Johannes Hahn, Austrian Commissioner-designate for Regional Policy
– Janusz Lewandowski, European Union’s Commissioner for Financial Programming and Budget
– Jacek Rostowski, Finance Minister