Resolution Property acquires shares in Supersam

Prime Properties, a subsidiary of Centrum Development and Investments (CDI), entered into agreement with Resolution Property, a European real estate investor, to conduct an investment project of the Supersam shopping center on Piotra Skargi St.

The Resolution Property company acquired 80% of shares of the project on behalf of Resolution Real Estate Fund III. Prime Properties retained the remaining 20% of shares. A total value of the investment which will be conducted by the joint venture partnership is EUR 60 million.

The cooperation between both parties engages Resolution Property in the area of an investment supervision and global project management, Prime Properties will be responsible for a local project management contributing its former knowledge and experience within the range of development projects carried out in centers of cities.

Supersam will be a modern shopping mall offering approximately 21 000 sq. meters of retail space for lease. An opening is planned for 2013. The building will be developed in the center of Katowice near the “PKS” bus station and close upon the Railway Station. The mall’s offer is addressed mostly to young people looking for fashion clothing on a budget. Except the clothes shops, the Multikino multiplex cinema and a fitness club will be located in Supersam.

Resolution Property was formed in 1998 and is based in London, UK. The firm invests in the UK and European commercial properties. A total value of all company’s assets is worth more than EUR 1,6 billion. This year, the investor purchased Galeria Pomorska in Bydgoszcz, Poland for EUR 50,75 million.