On 27th of April, the City Hall of Katowice issued a limited invitation to tender for the execution of construction work on the National Polish Radio Symphony Orchestra’s new seat (NPRSO). An opening of proposals took place today. Six offers were filed.
Five consortiums and one individual company will compete for the contract. At present, a bid committee is going to evaluate companies’ experience, financial and technical capabilities and invite up to six bidders to the second stage of the procedure – then, the chosen companies will file detailed bids concerning costs of construction work. The lowest price will be decisive.
- Companies competing for the contract:
– Warbud S.A. (leader), P.W. “EBUD” – Przemysłówka Sp. z o.o., LTT Sp. z o.o.
– Mostostal Warszawa S.A. (leader), Acciona Infraestructuras (Spain), Karmar S.A., Bouygues Bâtiment International (France)
– Polimex-Mostostal S.A.
– Alpine Construction Polska Sp. z o.o. (leader), Alpine Bau Deutschland AG (Germany)
– Hydrobudowa Polska S.A. (leader), Obrascón Huarte Lain S.A. (Spain)
– Budostal-2 S.A. (leader), Urdema S.A. (Spain), Infraestructuras Terrestres S.A. (Spain)
The prime contractor will have 20 months to erect the building. The new NPRSO’s seat will be part of the planned district of culture in the area of the former “Katowice” coal mine.